Topics to be covered
- Use Cases for large scale Cloud Computing
- Discuss public cases of companies using Azure services
- What would you do with 100,000 cores? – Big compute at global scale
- Designing for Big Scale in Azure
- Scaling a standard Azure website to 380k queries per minute
- CloudNaaS: A Cloud Networking Platform for Enterprise Applications
- Cloudward Bound: Planning for Beneficial Migration of Enterprise Applications to the Cloud
- Stratos: Virtual Middleboxes as First Class Entities
- Obama for America Campaign 2012
Implement simple applications on top of Azure services.
Ask for representative applications to be built by students following Azure Tutorials.
Additionally, the students are going to implement the same applications as the ones in week 6, but instead of using the MapReduce infrastructure, they are going to use Apache Spark, and briefly discuss the differences between Spark and MapReduce.
Intention the objective is to give the students an idea of what services they can use for their projects, so they can imagine better and more interesting applications of the system.