Topics to be covered
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Stream Processing
- Azure IoT Suite
- IBM Watson IoT
- Google Millwheel
- Apache Storm
- Twitter Heron
- Scalable Distributed Stream Processing
Workshop: Apache Storm
The students are going to use Apache Storm on Azure.
The students are going to:
- Implement the topology
- Implement the spout and the bolts
- Test it with different inputs.
This is done for two applications:
- Threshold calculation (Michael G. Noll)
- Instant threshold checks if the value of a field has exceeded the threshold value.
- Time series threshold checks if the value of a field has exceeded the threshold value for a given time window.
- Trending topic
- Performing rolling counts of incoming data points (sliding window analysis). A typical use case for rolling counts is identifying trending topics in a user community. (DrDobbs)
References for the workshop